Nixu privacy notices
NIXU PRIVACY NOTICES
We respect the privacy of individuals and are committed to process your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and best practices.
On this page you can find general information about how we process your personal data, your rights in relation to the information we hold about you, and who you can contact in case you have any questions regarding our privacy and data protection practices at Nixu Corporation.
On this page, you can also find specific privacy notices for the following:
- Nixu websites and cookies
- CCTV on our office premises
NIXU PRIVACY CONTACT
Nixu Oyj is the data controller for your personal data unless otherwise indicated. You can find our company details on the Contact page of this website.
For the overall organisation, Nixu has an appointed Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
You can also find contact details for our different business areas under the relevant sections of this website.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
As a data controller, we process personal data of our current and prospective customers, clients and contacts, service providers, website visitors, event attendees, and other persons we have a relationship with, to provide and promote our services, enable sales and marketing, administer contracts and projects, and to run our overall business operations.
The personal data we typically process include contact details (such as name, email address, phone number) and business information (such as business role, job title, company name, and availability information).
We also process personal data on behalf of our customers and clients to provide them our cybersecurity services and solutions, whenever those activities require processing of personal data. We are committed to uphold high standards of data protection when we are processing personal data as a data processor.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
Most of the personal data we process comes directly from you, for example when you fill in a contact request form, register to our events, or submit your details through our recruitment platform. We also process personal data that originates indirectly from public sources and third parties. We also automatically collect certain technical data when you interact with our website.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We only process personal data when we have a legitimate reason and lawful basis to do so, such as:
- Consent – when you have given us a specific permission to process your personal data for a certain purpose. For example, consent to receive direct marketing.
- Legitimate interest – when there is a business interest or requirement to process your personal data, in a way that is reasonably expected and justified. For example, as part of providing certain cybersecurity services and to enable promoting our services.
- Contractual necessity – when there is a contract that requires processing your personal data to meet our contractual obligations. For example, invoicing purposes.
- Legal obligation – when there is a requirement to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws. For example, retention of certain customer information for financial reporting.
We retain personal data for business and compliance reasons and keep it in accordance with appropriate retention periods.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We always implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data and to prevent any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed.
We comply with applicable legislation and use appropriate safeguards when transferring your information outside of EU/EEA, including EU standard contractual clauses and supplementary measures to safeguard personal data.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
We may share your data with our service providers, who process data on our behalf to help facilitate our business operations, or if required to comply with applicable laws. We do not share your data with third parties unless there is a legitimate reason to do so.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS EXPLAINED
The following rights may be applicable to you in relation to the personal data we process about you:
- The right to transparency and access: This means that you have the right to know what information we process about you and can request a copy of all the personal data.
- The right to rectify inaccurate information: This means that you have the right to request rectification of any inaccurate personal data.
- The right to request deletion of your information: This means that you have the right to request deletion of your information that we hold about you. You have this right if the personal data is no longer necessary for the original purpose, the processing is based on consent, there is no overriding legitimate reason or legal obligation to retain the data, or the data was processed for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to object and right to withdraw your consent: This means that you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information and withdraw your consent. You have the right to prohibit the use of your information for direct marketing.
- The right to have your personal information transmitted: This means that you have the right to have the information you have provided to Nixu in a structured and machine-readable format and, if it is technically possible, also right to have the information transmitted to another system.
- The right to demand the restriction of processing: This means that you have the right to demand that Nixu only stores your information but does not use it in another way. You have this right if you contest the accuracy of your personal information, and any processing then will be restricted until the accuracy of the personal information is verified. You have this right also if you need the information after Nixu’s retention periods ends, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: We always wish that you would contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal data. However, if you are concerned about the processing of your personal data, you have the right complain to the national data protection authority. In Finland, it is the Data Protection Ombudsman (https://tietosuoja.fi/).
If you wish to exercise your privacy rights, please get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS INFORMATION
We review and update the information included in our privacy notices from time to time and when necessary. Any changes we make will be updated to this page, so you can always find the latest version. This page was last updated on 28/05/2021.
WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
This website privacy notice describes how we use and process the information we collect about you when you visit or submit information on our websites.
What information do we collect on our websites?
When you fill in a contact request form, download a publication, or register for events we collect the following information:
- your name*
- email address*
- telephone number
- the content of your contact request
- preferences, such as dietary request
* Obligatory information.
- IP address
- browser you’re using
- information about your computer’s operating system
- webpages that have been shown to you
How do we use your information?
- To process and reply to contact requests
- To present the content of our website in a manner ideal for your device
- To monitor the use of our website and to improve the site functionality and the user experience
- To monitor the efficiency of our sales promotion and marketing campaigns
- To advertise and offer our services to you
- To improve customer communications and to recognize potential customers
More about cookies
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. The cookies collect information related to your device and we use them mainly to improve the site functionality and user experience.
We use third-party site analytics and advertisement services, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Google Ads, that place cookies to enable their services. The collected information is used for site improvement and measuring purposes and includes for example how you reached our website and interacted with the pages. Service providers transfer and store the information on their servers.
- More information about Google Analytics privacy available here.
- More information about Google Analytics cookie usage available here.
- Google offers a browser add-on which allows to block (’opt-out’) Google Analytics cookies on all websites.
- More information about Google Ads and privacy available here. You can also opt-out of seeing Google Ads here.
- More information about Pardot’s cookie usage and the ways of blocking (‘opt-out’) Pardot available here.
- IP address
- page events e.g. page views.
LinkedIn does not share personal data with Nixu Corporation. It only provides reports about our website audience and ad performance. These reports do not identify individual users at any point. LinkedIn users can control the use of their data for advertising purposes through their account settings.
GoToWebinar is a web-hosted service from LogMeIn, Inc., that helps us to organise webinars and live events to our customers.
- More information about GoToWebinar’s privacy available here.
YouTube is used to embed videos and media content on our website.
- More information about Google privacy and YouTube available here.
How can you influence your privacy?
If you wish to deny the site from placing any cookies on your computer, you may block cookies in your browser settings for this site or completely. You may also delete the existing cookies files on your computer at any time. For example:
However, it should be noted that the blocking of cookies might affect the site functionality.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR NIXU RECRUITMENT
Nixu processes your information for recruitment purposes when you submit your application to us via our application system. We process the applications and applicant information to assess your knowledge and experience. We strive to identify the most suitable person for the open position as well as for future positions that may become available. The processing is based on your consent and Nixu’s legitimate interest to hire the most competent professionals.
We use your information for contacting you and communicating with you about the recruitment process. We analyze the information you have given to us and compare the information to the defined requirements.
What information do we collect about you for recruitment purposes?
All the information is collected on your consent but please notice that the given information affects to the continuation of the recruitment process. The more information you provide to us the better we can evaluate your knowledge and expertise.
We collect your name and contact details to be able to contact you. To be able to assess your suitability for open positions, we process the information you have given to us. This information includes: education, job history, salary expectations, preferred location to work at and other information you have provided for us in your application and attachments.
We are collecting the information from the job applicants themselves. We collect information also from possible referees.
We store your information for future open positions for twelve months from the application.
Who processes your information and do we share your information?
At Nixu your information is processed only by hiring managers and Nixu People Operations personnel. If you wish to be contacted about open positions in the future your information may be reviewed within Nixu group by hiring managers and People Operations looking for possible candidates. Nixu is also using external partners for recruiting.
We also use third-party service providers for recruiting software and systems. These service providers have limited access to your personal information.
How to use your privacy rights in relation to recruitment?
If you wish to use your privacy rights in relation to recruitment, follow the instructions underneath or contact us by email email@example.com.
You can view your information by logging in to Nixu’s recruitment system with your personal credentials you created when you submitted your application. You can rectify your information by logging in to Nixu’s recruitment system. If you wish to delete your information, please contact Nixu People Operations. You can object to the processing and withdraw your consent by erasing your information or by informing us that you don’t want to be part of the ongoing recruitment process and/or to be taken into account for the possible future positions that may become available.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information in connection with our recruitment activities, please contact Nixu’s People Operations team (POPS): firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CCTV
We use camera surveillance in our office locations for the purposes of ensuring adequate investigation capability to prevent and investigate situations that endanger the safety or the property. This enables us to investigate security incidents such as stolen equipment, mischief, and unauthorised persons in the office. The CCTV systems are not used for any other purpose, and the recordings will only be accessed if Nixu suspects that a security incident has occurred. The legal basis for processing personal data for these purposes is legitimate interest.
What information do we process about you?
We only process the camera recordings if you visit our business premises. The cameras are carefully positioned to only cover required locations, and the data is kept for a limited time, in accordance with the principles of data minimisation and storage limitation.
Who processes your information and do we share your information?
The images can only be accessed by limited staff members and contracted security company, if required and only with prior authorisation. The security company is processing personal data as a data processor under the instructions from Nixu. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of the CCTV systems. In exceptional circumstances, we may disclose the data to competent authorities if required for a criminal investigation or similar, in accordance with applicable legislation.
How to use your privacy rights in relation to camera surveillance?
If you wish to use your privacy rights or have any questions in relation to camera surveillance, you can contact email@example.com.