Customer and partner users’ effectiveness at work suffers when they have to wait for user accounts to be opened or are expected to remember a multitude of passwords. Rarely used credentials are also easy to forget, which leads to handling constant password resets and thereby raises overall administration costs.
Delegating user management to main users of customers and partners reduces the amount of administration work done by the service provider. Authorization management also becomes more flexible when incorporated in the external organization’s processes.
The following solutions are essential for external user access management:
• Single Sign-On (SSO)
• Device-independent access
• Device-dependent versatile authentication
• Delegated administration
• Self-services, such as registration and password reset
Following benefits are achieved by implementing the aforementioned items:
• Competitive edge by providing agile digital services
• Enhanced customer experience
• Reduced external user management costs
• Increased security, especially when using own devices (BYOD)
• Reliable audit trail